Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Christmas in...August??

I was going through the pics on my computer yesterday, seeing what needed to be moved where, and I came across the ones of my oldest at her preschool Christmas party. The quality is absolutely horrible, but I don't even notice, all I can focus on is that smile. Pure happiness!! She was so excited that Santa was coming, and it was the first party she had had a school. So I decided that it was time to get them on a page.


I tried to kinda step out of my comfort zone on this one. I thought these Jenni Bowlin papers were fun for this page. Even though they aren't Christmas themes, I thought the red and black went nicely with the photos. I threw in a little Crate Paper, Girl's Paperie...which I think all coordinates nicely together. I am actually really happy with the way this layout turned out...its kinda busy, which isn't my norm at all, but I love it. :)

I used the 7.28 sketch from Sketchy Thursdays and I am also entering this in the workout at ScrapFit "Put a Banner on it"

I would also like to share this layout I did awhile page using a PageMaps sketch. I can't seem to find the sketch that I used, but I got it off of the SCT Blog.


I just noticed that this is crooked...hmm...hopefully its just the photo and not the actual layout! LOL!

I am so in love with the color combo right now!

The papers are all from MME, alphas Studio Calico.


Hope everybody has a very blessed Wednesday!

~Amanda





23 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

How fun you used those photos on that first one and I really like the papers you picked. The colors on the second one are great too.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Beautiful LO's! Thanks for joining the ScrapFIT Banner Workout! Your wonderful LO perfectly showcases your daughter's gorgeous smile! What a fabulous banner made of the different Christmas buttons. Such a wonderful idea and just perfect for this page! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Ashley Horton said...

I love both of these Amanda!! The first one is adorable and I really love that banner!! I agree with you, that color scheme on the 2nd one is yummy!!

Kimic said...

What a beautiful Christmas layout, the photos are SO cute with Santa and your daughter :-D
I just love your banner, what a great idea using diecuts and Christmas buttons for it. I have never seen that before, maybe I should lift the idea?
Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT :-D

Diana Fisher said...

Hi! Check the CK facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/CreatingKeepsakes) Your page is showing up in their feed! :) Congrats! And so glad you played along at ST, your page is amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee your pages! LOVING the way you tore into the JB paper!! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

corrie said...

I totally love these pages, but the ST one is AWESOME! I totally LOVE the banner. What a great idea! Thanks for playing with Stetchy Thursdays!

Beth Hallgren said...

Love them both but the Christmas one is stunning!

Briana Johnson said...

That Christmas page is fab! I've been into busy stuff lately too I suppose and I LOVE this! Cool mix! And the second page - those layered scallops are nice! I notice stuff about my pages all the time after I've photographed them.

Tessa Buys said...

Both layouts are fabulous! Thanks for playing at Sketchy Thursdays :).

Missy Whidden said...

Wow! Both pages are amazing. The Christmas one just blows me away! The papers are just perfect, and I love the button banner! Awesome title, too. I love the different shades of blue against the dark background on the second one...so pretty! Thank you for playing with us at ScrapFIT!

Tracy said...

Such a creative banner. I love the banner! Thanks for playing a long with us at Scrap Fit!

And on a side note so wonderful to hear Jason Aldean on your blog. He is on mine too :)

Sara Zenger said...

Wonderful work!!! Thanks for Working Out with us at ScrapFIT!

Anne Pennington said...

This is sweet!!

June Houck said...

Your LOs are beautiful, Amanda. I struggle with LOs, so I tend to avoid making them…I am on 2005, I believe ;)

I am your newest follower and fan!

Angi Barrs said...

Both of your pages are absolutely gorgeous. Love both of these...especially the butterflies on the 2nd one. And thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower. :)

Jingle said...

Fun pages!

Sheila said...

How creative! What a great reminder that banners can be made of any shapes! Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT!

Jenifer Evans aka jennaroo said...

love your banner, great pages!

Kelly Massman said...

Hi! I came over from the Moxie Fab World feature about me! Thanks for your sweet comment!! I also love the Christmas layout-the banner is darling! The photos on your other sweet layout are precious!!!!

wendipooh13 said...

fun pages!!!! LOVE your christmas banner too, that is soooo cool!!!! thanks sooo much for playin along with ScrapFit!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE your banner!!

Kyoko(mini) said...

Wonderful!I love your title work.Wonderful!