Thursday, October 27, 2011

Favorite Things

My three favorite people in the whole world! :) I love this photo of Derek and the girls, and when I saw this weeks sketch, I knew it was perfect for the photo, I have been wanting to scrap it since I took it, but it never seemed to fit anywhere, every time I tried scrapping it it just wasn't right...does that ever happen to you? I find it happens alot, I get my heart set on a certain photo and a certain layout, and by the time I am finished its nothing like I thought :) This one though, once I got it going, came together so easily and exactly like I wanted! :)

Lots of Authentiques Uncommon on this layout...I love the colors in that collection...I threw in a little Studio Calico Classic Calico wood grain to "man it up" a little. :)

Here is the fabulous sketch that was the start of this layout:

Reveal 10/27, Due 10/25

Make sure you head on over to Sketchy Thursdays, and not only get inspired, but play along for your chance at a FABULOUS prize from The Paper Bakery! They are a fabulous kit club, I have tons of kits from them, and Sarah is such a sweetie! So you definitely want to get your chance in for this great prize...and look at that sketch! Who wouldn't be inspired?

Oh, and make sure you head this way Saturday! My post on the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog will be live!! My first post as a member of the Cycling Team!!! I still can't believe it!


9 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Amanda!! I love all of the over-lapping on the banner and that cool wood-grain paper!

Moongirl said...

I seriously LOVE this LO!!! I love the extra banners and all the texture of them.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the layout and the photo goes perfect with it!

Unknown said...

Hey Amanda...just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE the layouts you've been creating for your Sketchy Thursdays DT projects, every single one is gorgeous! I haven't taken much time to comment anywhere so just thought I'd let you know! Have a great day!! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the nuetral woodgrain with the pink :)

Unknown said...

Great page! Lovin' the woodgrain paper!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love this! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the layered look on your banners and love the paint splatters! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Pamela said...

Oh this is awesome!!! I love it!! :)

Kim said...

Hi Amanda, I just wanted to tell you how inspirational your page was! I just loved it! It was fun joining in on the challenge:) I was glad to here that a pro like you comes to a stand still sometimes. I do the same thing and my page just came together really quickly!! Love it!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com