Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Wednesday!! :)
 I'm here to share another layout I made with the fabulous "Sew Charming" add-on from The Paper Bakery!!


When I started this layout I knew I wanted the negative space from the hearts I punch for my "E & K" layout, from there I thought it would be fun to just frame up a few other elements around it, I also wanted to use that fabulous distressed cardstock that came in the kit.
So I put it all together and decide I need some misting, but after the misting I was not happy at all with the way it looked against the cardstock. I still loved the colors together and the idea that was in my head. So, I simply angle cut around the frames, and adhered it to this Lilly Bee text paper, and viola! I had the look I was going for!!

 Now as you get to know me, and my layouts, you will see that I pretty much mist on every single one, I'm not sure why, but the layout just doesn't feel complete to me without it. So even though I had just had to rearrange my layout from a misting accident, I decided to go for it again, and use the mist that came with the add-on. Now if you look very closely at my layout, you will notice that there are both some brown splats and some blue ones. These are both from the same mist!! I had forgot to shake the mist bottle after I mixed it, so I still had lots of the blue powder not combined....but you know what, I loved the looked!

 So two accidents on my part, turned into a layout that I love even more than the original I had in my mind! Never get discouraged when those little things occur, just turn them into happy accidents and create something you love from them! :)

6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

This is so pretty Amanda!! The misting looks like it turned out great...it's supposed to be messy anyway!! :) And I love the angled cuts you made on this one and the way you did your journaling!!

Diana Fisher said...

This is great! I love the square in a square in another square layout! Love it!

Moongirl said...

I love your journaling! What a cool way to do that. I actually saved my negatives from my ST layout punches too. I thought they looked cool.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YOU ROCKED IT!!! I loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the photo and love love love the way you journaled and loveeeeeee the negative hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kim said...

Great page! Love the misting and we never would have know about the mistake!
~Kim

Unknown said...

Amanda, this is adorable! Love the stars!