Friday, June 19, 2015

Givin' it a try

Hello friends!! We have been stuck in most of this week, so I have had a chance to get in a little crafty time! Yay!! :) Today I am going to share a layout that is a little out of the norm for me...I decided to give the mixed media craze a try! I was inspired by Ms. Ashley Horton and her fun new video series " Zoned Out" ( here is a link to her layout and video that inspired me!).
I didn't go too crazy with the techniques...I thought I'd gradually work my way up, but I did have a lot of fun with this, doing a few things I wouldn't normally do, and I really am happy with the finished layout.


I just noticed how horribly uneven that mat is around my layout! Oh well, lol..its close enough! For the background on this, I used the spray mist on the plastic technique, and then just dabbed it around on the layout. It was fun, and a different way to use the mists, I think I will go back to this again! Then I went in with some navy color shine, and did some sprinkles. After assembling the layout, I felt like it needed a little something else..so taking some navy ink and some fun geometric shapes, I did some uneven stamping. I really love the way that turned out!


This was a fun way to stretch out my creativity, and use some supplies in a different way! Its fun to try something new every once in awhile, and I just want to give another shout out and thanks to Ashley for the push in a new direction! Can't wait to see what she has in store for the next video in her series!!

Have a great day, and take time to create something you love!

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

This is really awesome Amanda! I love that you gave the Mixed Media background a try! It turned out great!!