Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A little sweetness

Hello friends! As you all know, I am on a kill my stash quest, so today, I have another layout to share with you, using up some of that loved but unused product.


This layout all started with this paper, "Yellow Umbrella" from the BasicGrey Soleil collection. I LOVED this paper when it first came out, so much that I bought several sheets, which is not common for me, especially with BasicGrey..I usually find their collections harder to work with, but I loved this, so bought several, and they all have sat there ever since. So, I finally decided to pull it out, and use it up!


Deciding to use it was the easy part...making it work, was the hard part! I love a patterned paper background, but usually go for a more soft, tone on tone look...but I just could not bring my self to cut this up, so I started working on my layers, and figuring out where I wanted everything to lay out, then I went in with a little white acrylic paint, to soften up around my photo and embellishment area.

From there, everything just kind of fell into place. I pulled out coordinating supplies..some old, some new, and just went for it.


I added in some black stamping and splatters, since there was the black border, and some darker colors in my photo. I thought this helped to tie everything in together..and I like how it popped against the more pastel colors of the layout.


I found this fun wooden tags at Target, and I loved how well this one fit in. It made a perfect spot for the vellum ampersand! I have tried using that on my past 4 layouts!! Glad I could finally make it work! lol.

I am loving these challenges I have been giving myself...stretching my creativity, and using up some of those harder products I have! This is probably one of my new favorites!

Thanks for stopping in today...have a good one, and take time to create something you love!

No comments: