Monday, September 21, 2015

Paw Patrol

Hello crafty friends! I have a super fun layout to share with you today. If you have a toddler, chances are you know all about Paw Patrol...well a few weeks back, we went to the state fair and had a chance to do a little meet and greet with some of the characters. To say we had one excited little boy would definitely be an understatement.

I knew that I wanted to do bright, bold primary colors on this one...because Paw Patrol is bright, and also because said excited little boy also very much loves the color red.


How fun is this layout..I mean seriously, it just makes you smile! :) For the photo "mat", I did a few paper layers, but I really had fun using stencils and stamps behind that. I love all the added interest and texture that it adds, all the while drawing your eye into the photo.


Then for the title, I knew I wanted to do it in a bright bold red, and when I saw this Tall Type font from The Cut Shoppe, I knew it was perfect. I cut this out on white cardstock, with the intention of using watercolors...but I just couldn't get them to be bold enough, so I actually ended up coloring over my watercolor with a red copic. LOVE how bold this turned out, perfect for the look I wanted.


Then to finish it off, I went looking through my stash for anything bright, and fun. I kept embellishing pretty light, but these little bits were the perfect touches!

Thanks for stopping in today, have a good one, and take time to create something you love!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! My little one LOVES Paw Patrol! She would be so jealous!