Monday, September 28, 2015

Perfect Hiding Spot

Hello friends! I have another layout to share with you today using the Thankful collection from Elle's Studio. I really loved the blues and greens in this collection, and wanted to play on that color scheme and how well it played off of the colors in my son's shirt.


I went layer crazy on this one..I really wanted to main focus to be right there in the middle. So I first made a messy mat for the whole middle section, then I went in with some different patterns and made a separate layered mat for my photo. I love how this really makes the photo pop.

I kept embellishing to a minimum on this one..I really just wanted those layers and the photos to stand out. I did layered in some labels, and green star paper clips...to add a little more dimension, and get some more of that green color in..I found that is was really just an accent in the collection..there weren't many embellishments that were this color.


For the title, I really wanted to use this older Dear Lizzy thicker set, I have had these forever, and never used them. They were the perfect shade of blue for this, but they were just a little too big for the space and look that I had. So, by cutting of the extra boxiness, I was able to make them fit...and love the final look!


The green stickers, are actually part of this collection, and I loved that I could get a little more of that color in...the just weren't doing it for me straight on the page though..so layered them on a label, and loved it! A little stamping, some splatters, and enamel dots...and I love it! :)

Thanks for stopping by today, have a great Monday, and take time to create something you love!

No comments: